Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Card for Swapping

On Monday, I attended my first Sea to Sky Stampers meeting. For those of us who wanted to swap cards we just had to make sure we made enough cards for everyone. Because I didn't have time to create a new card, due to a week and a half long visit from the in-laws (from Ontario-they will be leaving this Saturday), I decided to improve on the Mother's Day card that I had made for my friend. Here is the result.

I 'edge dabbed' the card and the Bigz Top Note die cut. I also put Crystal Effects on the flowers.

At the back, instead of the gift card, I inserted my business card. At the back of the business card is a list of the products used to make the card.


Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Whisper White
Classic Ink Pads: Pixie Pink, Pink Passion
Stamp Set: Eastern Blooms
Other: Bigz Top Note die cut, Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon, Crystal Effects

I did learn a lesson from the swapping....I must do more layers. All of my cards that I have done in the past years have always been simple and less than 3 layers. I'll have to get myself out of that mindset and into this new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment