Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #46

This week at Stampin' Royalty the Goddess's are challenging you to all things that have patterned paper. It can either be a scrapbook page, a card, a 3D project...anything. Just as long as the main focus is the patterned paper.

I've had this idea for quite some time and I thought that this would be perfect for this challenge. I had created a project that contains the current month last year and it works for looking at the big picture for that month but I soon realized that I really couldn't fit in a lot of "To Do's" in the boxes plus I work on a weekly basis especially when my husband is in the Territories working for 2 weeks every month.

I used the "Wish List" stamp out of the Taking Care of Business stamp set because it really is a list of things I hope to get done that day plus the "To Do" stamp was too short.

I had sent a picture of this to my niece as a preview last week and she had a great idea. Instead of a "To Do" list it can also be used as a menu for the week. I thought it was brilliant because when my husband is home we never know who will be cooking that night so I'm always the one asking him what's for dinner which causes a lot of confusion and arguments. I'm definitely going to change mine to a menu chart when he's home and a "To Do" chart when I'm "single" for 2 weeks.


Basically, I divided the length and width into 3 parts. I cut the patterned paper accordingly and pasted them on to the clipboard. Where each of the patterned paper met, I glued in the Night of Navy Ribbon.




I love my Scrappin' and Gabbin' nights because I get so many ideas from my fellow scrappers. I was going to stamp the "Wish List" stamp on several sheets of paper and trim them so I can have a stack of them. My fellow scrapper, Jessica, had suggested I laminated them but I don't have a laminating machine. Sarah then suggested packing tape AND so that's what I did. I stamped on Whisper White cardstock, trimmed it and I covered it with packing tape and trimmed the tape. Now I'm being environmentally friendly and just using an dry erase marker. Big shout out to Jessica and Sarah for their suggestions!!!!

Oh yes, the last 2 boxes are for "To Do" lists for myself and my husband.




Key Ingredients:


Card Stock:
#100867 Night of Navy
#100730 Whisper White

Designer Series Paper
#117167 Greenhouse Gala
#117392 Blueberry Crisp

Ink:
#102977 Night of Navy

Stamp Set:
#111610 Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
#115090 Taking Care of Business

Punches:
#119857 Word Window Large
#119849 Modern Label Extra-Large

Adhesive:
#104332 SNAIL Adhesive
#104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
#101055 Crystal Effects

Accessories:
#109036 Night of Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

2 comments: